Seeking an APN/PA to join our busy inpatient House Coverage team. Must be efficient with the ordering and interpretation of labs, EKG, ABG, bipap, etc. as well as responding to inpatient emergencies.
Candidate must posses effective communication, organization, and time management skills. Candidate must have a current NJ APN or PA license, BLS, ACLS, and should have 1-2 years acute hospital experience.
AAA Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $50.00 per hour
A Medical Scribe preforms all clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a medical office and hospital setting, assists the physician throughout their shift. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records and electronic dictation system.
Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:
• Patient medical history and physical exam,
• Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and physician assistants.
• Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits.
• Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
• Prepare referral letters as directed by the physician
• Dictation/faxing/phone calls and clerical tasks.
• Prepare referral letters as directed by the physician, via dictation or summary of the medical record.
• Spot checking for mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and check to correct the information in order to reduce errors.
• Ensure that all clinical data, lab or other test results, the interpretation of the results by the physician are recorded accurately in the medical record.
• Collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission.
• Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow up and compliance.
• Attend trainings on diverse subjects such as information technology, legal, HIPAA and regulatory compliance, billing and coding.
• Proofread and edit all the physician s medical documents for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Bachelor s degree in healthcare field preferred; A High School Degree or GED
• Two years of experience as a medical scribe in a medical office setting preferred
• Translate medical abbreviations into their expanded forms.
• Excellent computer skills; minimum of 45 wpm.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Friendly and professional with excellent bedside manner
• Flexible with full-time work schedule including weekends
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $20.00 per hour